Transmission rebuild and repair.
We repair transmissions and rebuild transmissions all makes, all models, domestic and import.
Give us a call or email, we are happy to answer your questions.
To rebuild a transmission the following steps should be undertaken:
- Disassembly: Here the mechanic is required to tear down the transmission completely and remove the soft parts from the transmission. The disassembling process is very delicate and should be carefully done so that only the affected soft parts are discarded otherwise, if poorly done you may end up discarding the hard parts which don’t need to be replaced.
- Cleaning: This is normally done on the hard parts which may be used in the re-assembly. Thorough cleaning is done on these parts to remove dust, grease and any debris that might have infiltrated into the system.
- Inspection: After disassembling of transmission and cleaning of the necessary parts the mechanic does an overall check to affirm the re-use of the parts that have not been damaged.
- Assembly: The transmission is now put back together and any new updates added to modify the transmission. A further step will involve adding any upgrade that was requested by the client.
The following steps are necessary for an effective transmission rebuild process:
- Removal: During this juncture the mechanic strives to remove the transmission without causing any collateral damage to other non-transmission parts. He/she pays close attention when removing the transmission because failure to do so can result into a poorly done job.
- Inspection: Just like in transmission rebuild the technician should inspect every item related to transmission. Such items may or may not include:
- Transfer Case- Check to determine if the seals or gaskets are damaged.
- Control cables- Ensure that the throttle pressure is not broken. Also make sure that the shift cables are in the right condition.
- Main Engine Rear Oil Seal- Confirm its condition to determine whether it is leaking or not. Leaking seals should be changed.
- CV Axles: Check to determine if the joints are worn out or if the boots are torn. They should be replaced if they are in bad shape.
- Electrical Transmission System: Corroded and bad connectors causing short circuit should be removed.
- Drive Shaft: Inspect to ensure that the u-joints are in the correct shape. Also ensure that the yoke is not worn-out.
- Transmission Mounts: Check to ensure that the mounts are not broken.
- Cleaning of the Transmission Cooler: Before installing the rebuilt transmission, the technician should clean the automatic transmission cooler. This ensures that the debris that may be present is removed to avoid any harm of the newly rebuilt transmission.
- Reinstallation of the transmission: This step will include adding specific fluid to the transmission. The fixed transmission parts are put together and then a thorough inspection is done to ensure that they are properly fixed. A final quick test drive is performed and any further adjustments are done at this point.
- Quality Assurance Check: This is the final step which involves checking for missing or loose bolts, correct fluid level, fluid leaks, and making sure that electrical harnesses are properly fastened. A final check is performed on the vehicles computer to ensure that there is proper co-ordination.
Sometimes a customer is at cross-roads on whether to go for transmission replacement or transmission rebuild. The decision of choosing between the two options lies on the damage that has been caused to the transmission. If there is too much damage a technician may recommend a total replacement which is a very costly process. It is very important that the process of replacing the transmission be redone in a factory setting. The main advantage of doing this is that you will have technicians with exceptional talent work on your vehicle transmission to redesign it to the masterpiece that it was initially meant to be. Henceforth, the transmission will be put stable according to the in-built factory preference. The overall result of this option is wonderful though many car owners keep away from it because of its generally expensive nature.
Transmission rebuild is recommended when a minimum number of parts need to be fixed to bring transmission back to normal. It is a cost friendly route as long as you find the best transmission mechanic to rightfully identify the parts that need to be fixed. This means that those parts that are in good condition will be left and a little maintenance performed on them.
A-Affordable Transmissions Center will in most cases recommend rebuilding your original transmission. We do offer replacements but it is very seldom a transmission will need a complete replacement. It is always best to rebuild your original transmission.
We Proudly Serve the Denver Metro Area
Why Transmission Rebuild is the best option
A transmission rebuild vs replace is normally the most preferred option in most circumstances. It involves replacing parts that have failed and reusing the parts that have not failed. You will need to pick the best transmission rebuild shop to have this done rightfully. The transmission rebuilding process doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to get brand new parts from the original manufacturer. In any case, only new cars have brand new transmissions installed in them when they are being produced by the manufacturer.